Curcumin is the primary bioactive substance in turmeric
Acts at the cellular level on inflammation and oxidation
Curcumin relieves muscle pain after physical exercise and improves recovery and performance in active people
Curcumin Health Benefits
Systemic inflammation has been associated with many conditions that affect several systems, one of which is metabolic syndrome (MetS), which includes insulin resistance, hyperglycaemia, hypertension, bad cholesterol (LDL), high triglyceride levels and obesity, especially visceral.
Improves Insulin Sensitivity
Curcumin can reduce blood glucose level by reducing the hepatic glucose production, suppression of hyperglycemia-induced inflammatory state, stimulation of glucose uptake by up-regulation of GLUT4, GLUT2 and GLUT3 genes expressions, activation of AMP kinase, promoting the PPAR ligand-binding activity, stimulation of insulin secretion from pancreatic tissues, improvement in pancreatic cell function, and reduction of insulin resistance1.
Lowers High Blood Pressure
Consuming curcumin helps to improve the Systolic Blood Pressure, when administered in long durations 2. By preventing free radical damage and promoting smoother blood flow, it maintains the health of blood vessels. Researchers claim that curcumin hinders the transit of calcium, which is necessary for the contraction of muscle cells, leading to artery dilatation.
Relieves Muscle Pain
The use of curcumin reduces the subjective perception of the intensity of muscle pain; reduces muscle damage; increases muscle performance; has an anti-inflammatory effect 5.
Improves Recovery and Performance
Various curcumin-based interventions have improved self-perceived measures of pain and tenderness, reduced evidence of muscle damage 6.
Medical curcumin comes only in one form, and that is the extract. Treat your anti-inflammation, and muscle recovery, 100% naturally with nature’s most synergistic functional food, combining the power of pomegranate, curcumin extract, and micellized Vitamin D3. Does not contain any additives. Instead uses a biomimetic mode of absorption by natural micelle structure.
185 x More Bioavailable
Typical forms of curcumin are poorly absorbed during digestion, and rapidly metabolized and eliminated, which is why medical professionals typically prescribe curcumin with ingredients such as piperine to increase its bioavailability.
Clean & Natural
We cultivate organically because we truly care about the planet and we are committed to sustaining its biodiversity. Turmeric cultivation is highly sustainable if done right. This unique plant does not require a great set of resources for its upbringing and is self-protective against various diseases and infections, which practically means a zero chemical footprint.
We produce turmeric with highly sustainable practices and free of any pesticide contaminants that are bad for you. Our actions make sure that there is no damage to air, water, land, soil, forests, and other living organisms.
Reduced triglyceride levels and a decline in salivary amylase, an enzyme that serves as a stress indicator, were observed in studies in healthy adults between the ages of 40 and 60 who received a daily dose of 80 mg of curcumin. Curcumin supplementation can decrease the subjective perception of muscle pain intensity, and increase antioxidant capacity, which reduces muscle damage when consumed close to exercise 7.
Our curcumin extract is 185 times more bioavailable (AUC 24h) than anything out there. It’s high bioavailability ensures that it will be absorbed into your body in as little as 66 minutes (versus up to 450 minutes for native curcumin) and will last as long as 24 hours (versus approximately 2 hours for native curcumin). It is confirmed by nutritional scientists based on 3 human clinical trials.
Curcumin Extract vs Curcumin Supplements
Is it plant-based and therefore suitable for vegans or vegetarians?
Absorbed in less than an hour.
Without Lecithin, Piperine or any other substance to facilitate absorption.
Free of Chemicals & Pesticides
Free of contaminants, heavy metals and pesticide residues
It’s high bioavailability ensures that it will be absorbed into your body fast and will last longer
DurationLasts as long as 24 hours
DurationApproximately 2 hours for native curcumin
Way of consuming and taste factor.
185 x More Bioavailable Biomimetic mode of absorption by natural micelle structure
Contains additives Piperine, Lecithin and more
Is it eco-friendly and sustainable?
- Ghorbani Z, Hekmatdoost A, Mirmiran P. Anti-hyperglycemic and insulin sensitizer effects of turmeric and its principle constituent curcumin. Int J Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Oct 1;12(4):e18081. doi: 10.5812/ijem.18081. PMID: 25745485; PMCID: PMC4338652.[↩]
- Hadi A, Pourmasoumi M, Ghaedi E, Sahebkar A. The effect of Curcumin/Turmeric on blood pressure modulation: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Pharmacol Res. 2019 Dec;150:104505. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2019.104505. Epub 2019 Oct 21. PMID: 31647981.[↩]
- Ejaz A, Wu D, Kwan P, Meydani M. Curcumin inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and angiogenesis and obesity in C57/BL mice. J Nutr. 2009 May;139(5):919-25. doi: 10.3945/jn.108.100966. Epub 2009 Mar 18. PMID: 19297423.[↩]
- Kasprzak-Drozd K, Oniszczuk T, Gancarz M, Kondracka A, Rusinek R, Oniszczuk A. Curcumin and Weight Loss: Does It Work? Int J Mol Sci. 2022 Jan 7;23(2):639. doi: 10.3390/ijms23020639. PMID: 35054828; PMCID: PMC8775659.[↩]
- Fernández-Lázaro D, Mielgo-Ayuso J, Seco Calvo J, Córdova Martínez A, Caballero García A, Fernandez-Lazaro CI. Modulation of Exercise-Induced Muscle Damage, Inflammation, and Oxidative Markers by Curcumin Supplementation in a Physically Active Population: A Systematic Review. Nutrients. 2020 Feb 15;12(2):501. doi: 10.3390/nu12020501. PMID: 32075287; PMCID: PMC7071279.[↩]
- Campbell MS, Carlini NA, Fleenor BS. Influence of curcumin on performance and post-exercise recovery. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2021;61(7):1152-1162. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2020.1754754. Epub 2020 Apr 22. PMID: 32319320.[↩]
- Nanavati, K., Rutherfurd-Markwick, K., Lee, S.J. et al. Effect of curcumin supplementation on exercise-induced muscle damage: a narrative review. Eur J Nutr 61, 3835–3855 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00394-022-02943-7[↩]