Nature's Best Power Fruit
Full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds such as punicalagins
Pomegranate Health Benefits
Packed with nutrients
Whole pomegranates are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals yet low in calories and fat. They even contain some protein. Eat the seeds, or arils, within pomegranates to reap their nutritious advantages. Below are the nutritional facts for the arils in an average 300-gram pomegranate fruit1
Protein: 4.7 grams
Fat: 3.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 52 grams
Sugar: 38.6 grams
Fiber: 11.3 grams
Calcium: 28.2 mg, or 2% of the Daily Value (DV)
Iron: 0.85 mg, or 5% of the DV
Magnesium: 33.8 mg, or 8% of the DV
Phosphorus: 102 mg, or 8% of the DV
Potassium: 666 mg, or 13% of the DV
Vitamin C: 28.8 mg, or 32% of the DV
Folate (vitamin B9): 107 mcg, or 27% of the DV
Great for the Heart & Brain
Pomegranate compounds may help prevent plaque buildup that can cause heart attacks and strokes, lower blood pressure and artery inflammation, as well as ease heart-related chest pain. One cup (220 mL) of pomegranate juice was administered to participants in a human trial who had heart disease every day for five days. The juice drastically decreased some blood indicators that have a protective effect on heart health, as well as the frequency and intensity of chest pain2. Ellagitannins, which are found in pomegranates, are substances that function as antioxidants and lessen inflammation in the body. According to research, ellagitannins may prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease by lowering oxidative damage and boosting brain cell survival3.
Supports Prostate Health
It has been proven that pomegranates contain anticancer properties. Although further research is required to understand more, it might reduce inflammation and inhibit tumor growth and spread. The blood molecule PSA serves as a marker for prostate cancer. The likelihood of being diagnosed from prostate cancer is greatly increased if PSA levels double quickly. Giving men pomegranate juice or extract significantly prolonged the PSA doubling time period, according to two earlier studies8 9.
Supports Digestive Health
Pomegranate compounds promote healthy gut microbiota and reduce inflammation in the digestive tract. The fiber in the arils serves as the fuel for probiotics and aids in the prevention of some digestive health issues. Pomegranate has been shown in test-tube experiments to raise levels of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus, promoting it as a fantastic prebiotic functional food10 11.
Improves Exercise Endurance
Consuming pomegranate juice or extract has a positive effect on endurance and recovery. This mechanism is known to include: Increased Antioxidant Protection, Improved Blood Flow, Reduced Muscle Soreness. According to one human study, consuming just 1 gram of pomegranate extract 30 minutes prior to running lengthened the amount of time it took to reach tiredness by 12%. Daily supplementing with pomegranate may enhance both exercise endurance and muscle repair, according to additional human study 12 13.
100% natural and tasty way for cognition enhancement and brain performance. Strengthen your gut microbiome by eating a fermented medical food with natural Lactobacillus. Each bottle of MILESTONE®’s fermented pomegranate concentrate is 100% naturally enriched in Calcium and Potassium, as produced by at least 30 healthy, high-quality organic pomegranates. Our numerously awarded functional food concentrate holds one of the highest polyphenol records in the world.
30 x Stronger
Both fruits are low in calories and high in nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. However, pomegranates are much higher in antioxidants, specifically polyphenols, which can help protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease and cognitive impairments. The pomegranate is without a doubt nature’s most potent fruit.
Clean & Natural
Milestone’s holistic production management promotes and enhances agro-ecosystem health and avoids the use of synthetic materials and chemical fertilizers. We are committed to sustaining and delivering healthy soil, healthy plants, and healthy food to our next generation. The debate about feeding the world well and sustainably is deeply rooted in ethics. We need a more equitable, ethical, and sustainable global food system.
Milestone’s ethical values recognize the obligation to promote individual health, protect the environment, avoid animal suffering, work with local farmers that respect biodiversity and the planet.
Punicalagins, Ellagitannins, Ellagic Acid, Urolithin A
Pomegranate ellagitannins are hydrolyzed to ellagic acid over the course of many hours in the intestine instead of being absorbed intact into the bloodstream. Gut flora also converts ellagitannins into urolithins, which are conjugated in the liver and passed out in the urine. On this basis, both ellagic acid and urolithin A are derivatives produced after consuming the pomegranate concentrate and therefore are not present in significant quantities in the original food form. Consequently, when designing and producing the functional properties of this product, our primary focus has been to skyrocket the natural level of polyphenols and we’ve done exactly that; our pomegranate concentrate contains more than 10.000 mg/kg of natural polyphenols, including punicalagins. This is also among the reasons that we designed and produced the fermented pomegranate concentrate; to facilitate the bioabsorption process by improving the gut flora.
Supplements that contain urolithin A and ellagic acid do not share the same chemical structure as the ones that result from the natural biotransformation process. The isolated form can never be as effective, especially given the fact that conventional supplements do not provide a complex enzyme structure. Most supplement marketing strategies are not based on ethically translating the research outputs. – Konstantinos Mammasis, PhD, Of Dreams and Knowledge
MILESTONE®’s Fermented pomegranate concentrate with calcium and potassium is nature’s miracle when it comes to: foods for gut or foods for microbiome. It originates from the variety Punica Granatum L. and many of its properties are attributed to its unique production and fermentation methods that result in a very high polyphenol content. Among the best foods for increased calcium and potassium needs. Excellent for your kids health too.
Liquid Functional Food
Our concentrate is an excellent source of bioactive compounds, namely, punicalagins, ellagitannins, and a variety of enzymes that are great for your gut and microbiome. It is also rich in a variety of vitamins including folate is great for the mother and the developing baby. It can also help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation during pregnancy. Our Pomegranate Concentrate with Vegan Vitamin B12 and Iron is a top functional food to cover your daily dietary needs fully.
Medical vs Common Pomegranate Supplements
Is it plant-based and therefore suitable for vegans or vegetarians?
Rich in calcium for strong bones and teeth
With B12 & Iron
Contains the vital vitamin B12 & Iron, so much needed for vegans and most of us too.
Free of Chemicals & Pesticides
Free of contaminants, heavy metals and pesticide residues
Contains Bioactive Compounds
Bioactive compounds are related to numerous health benefits and prevention of chronic diseases.
Punicalagins, Ellagitanninsellagic acid, urolithin A
Do not containany form of bioactive compounds
Does it have a good taste?
Great TasteTastes fresh and 100% natural pomegranate
Do not taste naturalHighly processed neutral taste liquid
With Curcumin + D3
Does it act in synergy with other ingredients, such as curcumin or vitamin D3?
- FoodData Central Search Results[↩]
- Razani Z, Dastani M, Kazerani HR. Cardioprotective Effects of Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Juice in Patients with Ischemic Heart Disease. Phytother Res. 2017 Nov;31(11):1731-1738. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5901. Epub 2017 Sep 15. PMID: 28913846.[↩]
- Kujawska M, Jourdes M, Kurpik M, Szulc M, Szaefer H, Chmielarz P, Kreiner G, Krajka-Kuźniak V, Mikołajczak PŁ, Teissedre PL, Jodynis-Liebert J. Neuroprotective Effects of Pomegranate Juice against Parkinson’s Disease and Presence of Ellagitannins-Derived Metabolite-Urolithin A-In the Brain. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Dec 27;21(1):202. doi: 10.3390/ijms21010202. PMID: 31892167; PMCID: PMC6981883.[↩]
- Cao Y, Chen J, Ren G, Zhang Y, Tan X, Yang L. Punicalagin Prevents Inflammation in LPS-Induced RAW264.7 Macrophages by Inhibiting FoxO3a/Autophagy Signaling Pathway. Nutrients. 2019 Nov 15;11(11):2794. doi: 10.3390/nu11112794. PMID: 31731808; PMCID: PMC6893462.[↩]
- Xu J, Cao K, Liu X, Zhao L, Feng Z, Liu J. Punicalagin Regulates Signaling Pathways in Inflammation-Associated Chronic Diseases. Antioxidants (Basel). 2021 Dec 24;11(1):29. doi: 10.3390/antiox11010029. PMID: 35052533; PMCID: PMC8773334.[↩]
- Furman D, Campisi J, Verdin E, Carrera-Bastos P, Targ S, Franceschi C, Ferrucci L, Gilroy DW, Fasano A, Miller GW, Miller AH, Mantovani A, Weyand CM, Barzilai N, Goronzy JJ, Rando TA, Effros RB, Lucia A, Kleinstreuer N, Slavich GM. Chronic inflammation in the etiology of disease across the life span. Nat Med. 2019 Dec;25(12):1822-1832. doi: 10.1038/s41591-019-0675-0. Epub 2019 Dec 5. PMID: 31806905; PMCID: PMC7147972.[↩]
- Danesi F, Ferguson LR. Could Pomegranate Juice Help in the Control of Inflammatory Diseases? Nutrients. 2017 Aug 30;9(9):958. doi: 10.3390/nu9090958. PMID: 28867799; PMCID: PMC5622718.[↩]
- Paller CJ, Ye X, Wozniak PJ, Gillespie BK, Sieber PR, Greengold RH, Stockton BR, Hertzman BL, Efros MD, Roper RP, Liker HR, Carducci MA. A randomized phase II study of pomegranate extract for men with rising PSA following initial therapy for localized prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2013 Mar;16(1):50-5. doi: 10.1038/pcan.2012.20. Epub 2012 Jun 12. PMID: 22689129; PMCID: PMC3549301.[↩]
- Pantuck AJ, Leppert JT, Zomorodian N, Aronson W, Hong J, Barnard RJ, Seeram N, Liker H, Wang H, Elashoff R, Heber D, Aviram M, Ignarro L, Belldegrun A. Phase II study of pomegranate juice for men with rising prostate-specific antigen following surgery or radiation for prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Jul 1;12(13):4018-26. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-05-2290. PMID: 16818701.[↩]
- Li Z, Summanen PH, Komoriya T, Henning SM, Lee RP, Carlson E, Heber D, Finegold SM. Pomegranate ellagitannins stimulate growth of gut bacteria in vitro: Implications for prebiotic and metabolic effects. Anaerobe. 2015 Aug;34:164-8. doi: 10.1016/j.anaerobe.2015.05.012. Epub 2015 Jun 4. PMID: 26051169.[↩]
- Carlson JL, Erickson JM, Lloyd BB, Slavin JL. Health Effects and Sources of Prebiotic Dietary Fiber. Curr Dev Nutr. 2018 Jan 29;2(3):nzy005. doi: 10.1093/cdn/nzy005. PMID: 30019028; PMCID: PMC6041804.[↩]
- Ammar A, Bailey SJ, Chtourou H, Trabelsi K, Turki M, Hökelmann A, Souissi N. Effects of pomegranate supplementation on exercise performance and post-exercise recovery in healthy adults: a systematic review. Br J Nutr. 2018 Dec;120(11):1201-1216. doi: 10.1017/S0007114518002696. Epub 2018 Oct 23. PMID: 30350760.[↩]
- Trexler ET, Smith-Ryan AE, Melvin MN, Roelofs EJ, Wingfield HL. Effects of pomegranate extract on blood flow and running time to exhaustion. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2014 Sep;39(9):1038-42. doi: 10.1139/apnm-2014-0137. Epub 2014 May 16. PMID: 25051173; PMCID: PMC4146683.[↩]